Vegan Cookies recipe
I'm sharing all our heart-shaped Valentine's Day baked goods this week because we all need a little love right now ❤️ So whether you serve this bread and breathe a lot on your own, or share it with your loved ones - these are just what you need with your cup of tea or coffee🍪☕️🫖
Using southafricanraisins in these vegan cookies - raisins are 100% naturally dried, making them a "natural powerhouse" and a concentrated source of energy - they are also packed with nutrients and antioxidants, and are naturally dehydrated in the Western and Northern Cape regions, where levels are particularly high. Exceptional sunshine and water from the Orange and Elephantine Rivers.
Did you know it's #SouthAfricanRaisinsweek from March 22nd to 28th! Be sure to visit southafricanraisins for loads of exciting gifts and more inspired recipes! This does not mean that you need to wait until then to bake these delights, and the recipe is as follows:
75gm non-dairy butter
110g light brown sugar
80g plain flour
140g oats porridge
110g golden syrup
30g almond butter
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon salt
100g South African raisins
1. Start by adding the butter and light brown sugar to a bowl. Using either hand or an electric whisk, beat the two together until creamy.
2. Then add the golden syrup, vanilla extract and almond butter and beat them again until they are combined.
3. Add the flour, oats, cinnamon and salt and mix, then add the raisins at last.
4. Line two baking trays with parchment paper and using a heart mold place some biscuit dough inside. Press down until the dough fills the mold, then carefully remove the mold.
5. Repeat the process with the rest of the dough until nothing remains. Make sure there is plenty of space between the cookies on the trays, as they will spread out when cooking.
6. Put the trays in the refrigerator for at least an hour to cool down.
7. When you are ready to bake, preheat the oven to 160 ° C. Put all of the trays in the oven and cook nearly all of them. 20 minutes.